Monday 4 November 2013

Autumn shawl

Almost all leaves has fallen down.Two days of rain and you have no doubts - November is on.
My new autmn shawl will hopefully remind me beautiful moments of sun rays running through vibrating gold and red leaves.

To crochet it I needed almost two 100g (530m) balls of NAKO Angora Granit Sim. 
Hook size 2

This concluded with shawl size 55 cm x 135 cm.

It is long enough to wrap it over shoulders pinning together two ends on one side, as for person size XS/S

This mix of acrylic premium, mohair and metallic polyester is to be worn only on top - it irritates my skin (well, as most of yarns ;)







The border I've chosen is a border #4 from Eddie Eckman Around the Corner Crochet Borders
It's a kind of maple leaves garland ;)


This yarn is one of those which made you follow the chosen pattern from the first stich to the very last one. Because the floss has a lot of frustrating flocks and knots there is no way back if you wish to change someting ;)







Since I like the sets a lot I decided to have a flower sundry I could pin to my Next beanie. 
The chrysanthemum is an autumn flower so it fits perfectly to the season.


Need to iron the petals




Then prepare the pin and small squares of felt


Then stick together using hot glue


And the brooch is set





No comments:

Post a Comment